At times the unexpected challenges of life transitions and changes may be overwhelming, leaving us feeling depressed, anxious, confused and stuck. Our distress may cue us to pay attention, perhaps to heal old wounds, and to mine our inner strengths and wisdom. Psychotherapy is highly personalized and helps us manage our reactivity to stress and restore harmony. I draw from a variety of treatment perspectives, including psychodynamic, family systems, client-centered, cognitive behavioral, psycho-spiritual, transpersonal, 12 Step programs, Mindfulness practices, and coaching psychology. I approach the therapeutic relationship from an open and collaborative stance. With courage, grace, and humor, we co-create our process. My commitment and privilege is to provide a safe, empathic environment in which I listen deeply to understand your worldview and support your heroic journey towards wholeness and personal wellbeing.
For more than 25 years, I have helped people from ages 18-95 navigate the vagaries and transitions inherent in the adult life cycle. I have expertise working with clients within a broad range of diversity, backgrounds, and concerns – from students, to clergy, artists, attorneys, physicians, teachers, homemakers, parents, managers, executives, newscasters, retirees, nursing home residents and others.
My practice is 100% telehealth via a HIPAA secure platform that includes both audio and video (much like a Zoom or FaceTime call, but it's HIPAA compliant). Telehealth is convenient, comfortable, and effective. If you are considering using insurance, check with your insurer on their telehealth coverage as insurance policies vary. You can simultaneously verify if I am a provider within your network.
My Therapy Work with Individuals
- Managing stress and mood swings
- Adjusting to college life
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Setting interpersonal boundaries
- Improving communication skills
- Managing anger and resolving conflict
- Healing from past trauma/abuse and family of origin issues
- Addressing sexual and gender identity
- Overcoming addictive behaviors
- Identifying strengths, values, and life goals
- Discerning vocation and career direction
- Achieving life balance
- Removing blocks to intimacy and commitment
- Learning effective parenting skills
- Recovering from divorce and/or job loss.
- Exploring meaning and purpose in one’s life
- Navigating retirement, lifestyle changes, or a new career
- Accessing one’s creative and authentic self
- Living with chronic or terminal illness and/or awaiting a transplant
- Coming to terms with aging, loss, and end of life issues
My Therapy Work with Couples
- Pre-marital counseling
- Building partnerships in love or work
- Enhancing commitment and intimacy
- Embracing differences
- Unlocking mutual co-dependency habits
- Improving communication and resolving conflict
- Dealing with addictions
- Building an effective parenting team
- Addressing infidelity and rebuilding trust
- Navigating the Big 3: Sex, Money, In-laws
- Counseling for a successful divorce
- Co-parenting, remarrying, and blending families
Licensure and Professional Associations
I am a Licensed Psychologist in Wisconsin and a member of the American Psychological Association .
Education, Certifications, Training
PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL
Post-Doctoral Internship, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago IL.
Coaching Certification, Hudson Institute of Coaching, Santa Barbara, CA.
Certification in Transpersonal Psychology, Grof Transpersonal Training, Mill Valley, CA.
Volunteer training, Horizon Hospice, Chicago, IL.
BA, Communication and Theater, Augustana College, Rock Island, IL.