608-255-9330 Ext. 109
My goal as a therapist is to help you and your children maximize your contentment and joy in life by functioning successfully in the world, without excessive anxiety and depression. My approach to therapy is practical, down-to-earth, solution-oriented. It is a joy to encourage children, college students, and parents to grow and evolve into competent, knowledgeable, emotionally healthy beings who are a pleasure to be with.
I am certified in Mental Health and the Older Adult. I have experience helping adult children reconcile differences with their aging parents and helping older adults maximize life in later years. I am willing to see clients in nursing homes and assisted living and rehab facilities.
Children and Adolescents
- Individual and family therapy
- Children as young as 3 years
- Anxiety, depression, poor self-esteem
- Healing from abuse including sexual abuse
- Family reconciliation following abuse or estrangement
- Family and individual therapy, both children and parents
- Parent coaching for divorce
- Parent mediation
- Family reconciliation during and after divorce
- Collaborative divorce, coach and child specialist
- High conflict divorce
Young Adults and College Students
- Anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, relationship issues
- Learning to live and thrive with introversion
- Maximizing the remaining years of life
- Reconciliation with adult children
- Finding happiness in the midst of loss
My therapeutic approach is eclectic and most closely resembles Cognitive Behavior Therapy. In my 30 years as a developmental psychologist, I have evolved a combination individual-and-family therapy method that effectively teaches children to calm and self-soothe, working themselves through their fears and sadness. At the same time, the family learns to listen and talk to each other with respect and good will, while moving toward mutual understanding and mutually agreeable solutions to problems.